List of active policies
|PNWU Network Usage Agreement||Site policy||All users|
PNWU Network Usage Agreement
Use of PNWU technology resources is restricted to purposes related to the University's mission. Individuals are provided access in order to support their studies, instruction, duties as employees, official business with the University, and other University-sanctioned activities. University-issued email accounts are the official means of University communications. Individuals may not share with or transfer to others their University accounts including network IDs, passwords, or other access that allows them to gain access to University technology resources.
Resources may not be used in a manner that violates the law, for private commercial activities that are not approved by the University, for personal private gain, or for political campaigning and similar activities that are inconsistent with the University's mission.
The following are examples of prohibited activities that violate this policy:
- Sending or posting discriminatory, defaming, slandering, harassing, or threatening messages or images
- Using the organization's time and resources for personal gain
- Stealing, using, or disclosing someone else's password or other authentication verifier without authorization
- Revealing your account password to others or allowing use of your account by others
- Copying, pirating, or downloading software and electronic files without permission
- Sending or posting confidential material, trade secrets, or proprietary information outside of the organization
- Violating copyright law
- Failing to observe licensing agreements
- Engaging in unauthorized transactions that may incur a cost to the organization or initiate unwanted Internet services and transmissions
- Sending or posting messages or material that could damage the organization's image or reputation in social media or other locations
- Participating in the viewing or exchange of pornography or obscene materials
- Attempting to break into the computer system of another organization or person
- Jeopardizing the security of the organization's electronic communications systems and/or refusing to cooperate with a security investigation
- Sending or posting chain letters, solicitations, or advertisements not related to business purposes or activities
- Using technology resources for political causes or activities, religious activities, or any sort of gambling
- Passing off personal views as representing those of the organization
Authorized individuals may monitor equipment, systems, and network activity including voice, web, and email. This is done to identify safety concerns, maintain quality control, detect theft and misconduct, and discourage and prevent harassment and workplace violence.
All students, employees, partners, and guests using PNWU computing resources must acknowledge and comply with this policy upon initial access and recertify when significant changes occur.
This policy applies to the use of information, electronic and computing devices, and network resources to conduct University business or interact with internal networks and business systems, whether owned or leased by PNWU, the employee, student, or a third party.
This policy applies to employees, contractors, consultants, temporaries, and other workers at PNWU including all personnel affiliated with third parties.
Institutional data is defined as any data that is owned or licensed by the University.
Information system is defined as any electronic system that stores, processes, or transmits information, regardless of location.